17 Nov 2005

f.u.n = fun!

Today was my placement at Halifax, must say it was GREAT! Totally awesome! The kids were totally amazed by the fact that I knew how to speak Urdu, and were asking me to write their names. At lunch, I and 2 other people from university had a laugh.

Person1: so where are you from?
Me: Lahore
*silence*
Me: Yes, I know it sounds like lå whore as in ‘a whore’ in French
Person2: Sounds more like THE whore.
[Solemn faces…followed by rapid giggles]
In Pakistan it would have been said lahawre, but here with the stupid accent, it sounds more like laho.

After I got home, we all went to the shopping centre because the Tweenies and the Crazy Frog were coming to switch on the Christmas lights. To start with, about 15 cheerleaders dressed sexily in mini skirts [micro skirts, actually!] came and did a few routines; gotta hand it to em that they were really well co-ordinated. [I’m not a class 6 guy, so this wasn’t heaven for me. But it was good any how.] After that came the loud music, then came the Tweenies and Crazy Frog. It was great; I loved it more than Taha did– he was clung to mama because there was so much noise, yet managed to fall asleep! I managed to get lost at one point, and found myself singing ‘heal the world, let them know its Christmas time’ with the crowd.


Oh how could I forget Santa darling Clause? But the poor thing was so frail and thin. Think he should stop following this diet that he’s on…cheeeeee!

zaza at 8:03 pm

7 angels shot me

7comments

at November 19, 2005 Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahahah cutu taha ,u must have had a great day for singing heal the world out loud .
man i cant wait for u to come .was doing my wusu and remembered u were comin so started giggling infront of the mirror .i think im going crazy . hahahahah. lali

 
at November 19, 2005 Anonymous Anonymous said...

oo christmas spirit already :P

btw u shudve given your 'healthy' diet to the poor santa...hahaha!

 
at November 19, 2005 Anonymous Anonymous said...

santa was here.

 
at November 19, 2005 Anonymous Anonymous said...

ash: yes it really was!!

lali: i had a fit of giggles myself that day, yaad hai wen we used to chana maarofy each other and laugh so much! haha! i cant wait either...

mavra: O God, ur mocking my diet!! [imma junkie haha]

anon: err...shutup.

 
at November 21, 2005 Blogger maryam said...

so is taha coming too?

 
at November 21, 2005 Anonymous Anonymous said...

ohohohohohoh i love it la-ho!!!

 
at November 22, 2005 Blogger zaza said...

chai: yes, inshallah
anon: shutUp.

 

Post a Comment